Friday, April 5, 2013

          So here it is folks, my 4th attempt to start and continue a blog! This blog is going to be about me and my ridiculous life. You know, so many weird things happen  in my life. I meet so many people of different backgrounds, lifestyles, personalities, etc. The relationships I make and choose to keep are sometimes a wonder on their own. I love my life, I want everyone to experience it. I love where my life is going. I have so many ups and downs it's like a wild roller coaster ride, so basically my life is awesome!
          I live in Minneapolis, Minnesota, I work in the theater community. I'am an actor/singer/box office rep/comedian/diva I do it all...except pose nude. I'am a classy broad after all. I'am originally from El Paso, Texas, born and raised Texan, grew up then realized Texas is not for me. I love my home in El Paso, I love my family in El Paso, I love my friends in El Paso, I love the name El Paso (there's even a song called "El Paso") but I hate El Paso. Let's just say being gay in El Paso is like being a prostitute in a convent. It's like nobody's ok with it, some people judge you verbally, some judge you in silence, and the rest pray for your sins at all times. I'm sure things are better now in El Paso, however for my own sanity I choose to not live there ever again.
          Coming out was hard, I'm not saying it was harder for me than anyone else but it was hard. Although me being me, I came out in a spectacular way. I did it on the last day of my sophomore year of high school. I was on a school bus with my high school band (nerd alert), and some of my fellow band members were teasing me about being so feminine and ...straight. I wasn't being bullied, I mean they weren't calling me faggot or anything to that extent, it was just this awkward banter. What they were basically doing is trying to get me to come out. So finally after thirty minutes of my band mates acting stupid, I did it!! I stood up and looked at everyone and I shouted," Yes! I'am gay!! And I'am not attracted to any of you so fuck off!" At that moment the whole bus was silent, for about two minutes, then one of my friends shouted," We know, it's about time! Congratulations."
          For the remaining of the bus ride, it was pretty quiet. People would try to talk to me but I wasn't haven't it. I was upset. I didn't feel relieved. I didn't feel like a different person. I was so mad at everyone, I was so mad that I was forced to come out. At the same time, it was pretty silly of me to be in the closest because I was pretty gay in high school. I mean I might as well of worn a rainbow flag, with hot pink, spiked heels and a tiara everyday. Having said that, I think I may have thought of my next Halloween costume...we'll see. Anyway, when we got back to school the news of me coming out spread like wildflower, I mean within seconds of me getting off the bus people who rode on the other bus were coming up to me asking all these questions and telling how happy they were for me and of course I had a constant reminder of "I knew it" from many of my friends. That day was insane.
          Since it was the last day of school, I had the whole summer to avoid everyone. That summer was very confusing for me. Now that I had gone public with my fabulousness I wasn't sure how to act in front of my peers. I didn't feel comfortable with myself, I felt like I was now on display to the world (high school world, not everyone world) I was the big, gay guy now. I wasn't the big, gay, Mexican because the majority of my high school was Mexican so I was just the big gay! As time went by I started to become more and more comfortable with being gay and open about it. I hadn't come out to my parents yet but that story I feel I shall save for a later post.
          So there you have it folks, the beginning of an era, the big, gay Mexican came out of the closet at the age of sixteen and he hasn't looked back since!! Thank you all for reading my first post on my new blog. I do hope it this was somewhat enjoyable. Please forgive my grammar, I'm still learning, even though I graduated from college four years ago...Peace out Loves!!

5 comments:

  1. Love it, hope you keep blogging! I have tried and tried and can't ever keep up with it, lets blame my kids yup that will work! ;)
    <3 Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a very charming, honest voice in your writing. I look forward to more of this.

    ReplyDelete